How to clean and maintain leather strap?
1. When the band produces a peculiar smell, take the toothbrush with some soapy water and quickly brush the smudges, then wipe it with a damp cloth. To avoid soapy water infiltrating the cortex, the process is best done in 20 seconds. In addition, the leather oil can be applied on the strap. The leather oil has a protective effect on the band, which can make the maintenance work more complete.
2. When the leather strap has been worn for a long time, in addition to the odor, hardening is also a common symptom. If the band is often in a humid environment, it will speed up its hardening speed, and the perspiration will also erode the cortex, causing the strap to deform, harden and even break. Therefore, the wristwatch is not used to tortuous when it is hardened, except for regular maintenance.
3. When picking and tying the wrist watch, the movement should be gentle and gentle, avoiding strong pulling force; Do not turn back when the strap is always fixed. Wrist watch band is often with the hard object such as tabletop to rub, can make the surface of the band surface accelerate wear, lose luster, this should be careful to avoid.
In summer, watch as little as possible and wear more in winter. Especially in the long term before wearing the collection can wipe some colorless sheep oil.
When wearing a leather strap, don't tighten your wrist too much. Be moderately loose and reduce the erosion of skin contact and sweat.
Note: it is a good leather, attentive caress, again also could not prevent the ageing of leather, have been found fracture of strap, will not hesitate to do change in time, tattered leather strap can lower the appearance quality and grade of the wrist watch many, the most important and may cause your lost watch.
Related Industry Knowledge
- History of watches
- The development of Watch
- Watch type
- E-paper watch
- Diving watch
- Watch maintenance
- Electronic watches to note
- Watch the belt maintenance
- Quartz Watch
- how to maintain silicone watches strap
- the types of leather watches band
- What is wooden skeleton watch?
- what is water transfer printing hyd...